Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for a Case Handler to join our Post Settlement department based in our Liverpool office. In this role you will take over a file once damages have been settled by identifying debt/payments and making various payments out to clients/ medical agencies and third parties and also chasing monies owed. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with finance or legal knowledge to join a leading Law firm.
Responsibilities to include:
- Liaising with clients and accounts team with regards to clients request cheques, bacs and chaps payments
- Proactively chase monies owed to clients or for disbursements on files for instance medical fees, physiotherapy fees etc.
- Daily assessment of the accounts ledger in order for cheques to be banked, identifying problems and taking action required to resolve
- Liaising with fee earning colleagues in order to review debt; identifying solutions and suggesting strategies to improve and minimise
- Answer clients' telephone calls, and provide information on procedures or policies relating to queries
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Excel functions such as spread sheet creation; formatting and simple formula creation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Works well in a fast pace environment
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please select "Apply now" and follow the online process. Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"