Our client is a committed regulatory body who were set up to protect the public by effectively registering health and care professionals who meet the standards for their training, professional skills, behaviour and health. Their vision is to approve and uphold high standards of education and training, and continued good practice within the industry. They are currently looking for Case Support Officers for 35 hours per week to join their busy team for 6 months initially. This post is full time and the role is paying £13.51 per hour, working Monday to Friday. Start date is ASAP until end of April 2018.
This is a key role to contribute to the work of the Case Reception and Triage function within the Fitness to Practise Department by providing proactive case support across the function and managing a caseload of miscellaneous, health and character and protection of title cases.
- Maintain electronic systems, and databases, to monitor and record case information making sure it is kept up to date, accurate and accessible in accordance with the Data Protection Policy.
- Answer case related queries in the absence of the case manager.
- Prepare correspondence to a variety of parties including complainants, registrants, lawyers and other stakeholders.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to gather relevant information to facilitate the investigation of cases.
- Work closely with the Administration Team to ensure the timely distribution of information.
- Provide administrative and case support to the case management functions to ensure that cases are progressed expeditiously.
- Prepare bundles of evidence for use in a range of panel hearings and meetings.
- Redaction of bundles in line with information security guidelines prior to bundles being served on parties to a case.
- Excellent communication skills and enjoys listening and talking to people via communication technologies
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service in retail, hospitality, education or another service sector.
- Displays professionalism in personal presentation, written and oral communication
- Experienced and competent in using a range of IT packages and databases.
- Attention to detail and the ability to stay focussed.
- Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations calmly and resolving effectively
- Proven relevant successful support within an environment of high workloads, conflicting deadlines and pressure.
- Strong administration and grammatical skills are essential.
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Step Ahead is acting as an Employment Agency
Step Ahead is committed to preventing discrimination in its recruitment practices by stimulating genuine equality of opportunity. This means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, ethnic, racial, religious or disability considerations, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.