Duties and Responsibilities of the Carrier Analyst:
Carrier Analyst Purpose:
Supporting their customers and partners to achieve the clients contracted service levels. The primary purpose is to ensure that we meet our KPIs on End Scan Performance and Delivery Performance. Outcomes of regular analysis should result in you developing ways to bring more efficiency to the business and implementing plans to improve performance for underperforming carriers. To do this successfully, you will have to build and maintain strong relationships with internal operations, sales, and CS teams as well as external carriers to ensure everyone is on board and moving towards operational excellence.
Key Measurables for the Carrier Analyst:
· Delivery Performance by Country, Carrier, Service and Retailer
· End Scan Performance by Country, Carrier, Service and Retailer
Key Responsibilities: Carrier Management & Linehaul Support
· Analyse carrier delivery performance and end scan performance using ControlTower and Maetapck
· Use your analysis to identify root causes of any operational or service issues and manage action plans to permanently resolve
· Act as an escalation contact for Junior Analysts when help or support is needed with carriers
· Provide a world class service to our retailer customers in your lanes of responsibility.
· Identify issues and other exceptions to normal operations or data transfer by lane, and help to resolve these, enlisting the help of line manager and other key stakeholders as required.
· Proactively communicate any carrier feedback, issues, risks and actions with the business
· Monitor performance at a client level and implement plans to improve performance for specific clients based on their data or operation
· Understand the clients SLAs and KPIs and proactively work to ensure that they are met
· Work in a structured, productive and effective manner to resolve queries and issues raised by retailer clients and carrier partners.
· Work with the Operations Team to identify and resolve any operational issues affecting delivery performance
· Learn and use proficiently the applications and systems required to deliver and support Carrier Management, these to include: my clientControlTower, my clientConsign, MetaPack Delivery Manager, Manifest Extractor and courier and airline tracking websites.
· Learn and use proficiently reporting tools to create, run and read reports, these tools to include my clientControl Tower, MetaPack, JasperSoft, and Excel.
· Know and use proficiently applications and other IT tools to manage workload and to create documentation, these to include: Excel, Word, Outlook, Dropbox and shared folder and file directories.
Required Experience for the Carrier Analyst:
- 1 year + in international logistics/transportations/supply chain
- 1year + in the retail industry
Relevant Skills for the Carrier Analyst
· Intermediate to Advanced Excel
· Comfortable using statistics/data to bring about change
o Can identify, understand and resolve issues for clients and partners
o Can work with, manage and interpret data and information that informs and drives performance.
o Conduct trend analysis as needed
Personal Qualities and Motivation for the Carrier Analyst:
· Detail-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy.
· Can follow a task through from start to finish in a timely manner and if unable to, be able to explain any issues.
· Able to function as normal in high stress/pressure situations.
· Interested in working in international ecommerce logistics and in carrier management.
· Self starter and engages well with the team as well as internal and external partners.
· Able to plan workload and work in a structured way to complete daily and weekly activities.
· Flexible to meet the needs of busier periods for the business and their clients, for example over retailers' Peak trading season (November to January).
· Focused on the quality of work delivered and with good attention to detail.
Can adapt to change, for example in procedures and IT applications used. Can cope with ambiguity as new procedures are developed.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job