Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer
Level 3 Carpentry Lecturer
Location: Weybridge with some travel to Ashford
Salary: £21,440 to £33,362 per annum
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term - Ends 30/07/2021
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Sunday 03 January 2021
The post holder will be required to work flexibly across all campuses, according to department needs
We are looking to recruit an experienced and inspirational Carpentry Lecturer to design, develop and deliver a range of engaging learning programmes. We are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to deliver outstanding standards of teaching, and to play a major part in our long term future.
You should have good communication skills, be able to work both independently and as part of a team and be fully committed to working with young people.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To teach on a programme of appropriate courses.
• To assess, review and record learner progress.
• To maintain course and learner records; carry out tracking and monitoring of learner performance and provide information, data and statistical returns as required.
• To work with the appropriate Director of Curriculum and course teams in the development, review and evaluation of the curriculum.
• To embed employment skills (including literacy, numeracy and IT) into the curriculum and courses.
• To accompany learners on educational visits, including residential courses and exchanges.
• To carry out administrative tasks related to courses and attend meetings as required by the Director of Curriculum.
• To implement assessment procedures and prepare and participate in internal and external verification and moderation procedures including attendance at associated meetings.
• To liaise with parents in the support of learners and trainees.
• To support the marketing of courses both inside and outside the College including attendance at Open Evenings, Parents Evenings, etc.
• To interview and provide advice to potential learners as part of the recruitment process;
• Undertake specific roles as prescribed by College Policies and procedures
• Act as a role model for all staff, students and external contacts by demonstrating the College’s values and behaviours
• Participate in appraisal and continuing professional development
• Commit to the College safeguarding policy and promote a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults learning within the College. This includes undertaking a Disclosure and Barring Service check
• Be alert to any indication or allegation of abuse and take appropriate action under the College procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults
• Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all aspects of the role, including curriculum development where appropriate, and challenge inequality and discrimination
-Experience in teaching Carpentry
-Ideally a relevant qualification up to Level 3
-Previous experience of teaching mixed ability groups in the subject area (however, support with teacher training is available)
-Good communication skills, be able to work independently and as a part of a team and be fully committed to working with young people.
If you are interested, please apply now
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'