Carpenter Multi-Trade (Social Housing Maintenance)
South East and South West London areas
£Competitive (experience and skill set dependant) + van (business use only) + 20 Days A/L
Multiple experienced social housing carpenter Multi-tradesman required to join our busy Pyramid Plus London responsive repairs team across the South East and South West areas. This role is mobile therefore a company van will be provided for business use. You will be working in occupied domestic properties so the successful candidate must be conscientious and have good customer service skills.
As a carpenter multi-trade, you will be a key team member undertaking all aspects of carpentry property maintenance including: door hanging, kitchen/bathroom refurbishments/upgrades and repairs, skirting replacement, boxing in and all carpentry repairs. Some lock smith work may be included. You will ideally have experience in additional trades such as patch plastering, patch tiling and basic plumbing if possible. Ideally you will hold your NVQ L2 in Carpentry or be time served. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of timely first time fixes ensuring Pyramid Plus London's high standards are constantly met.
The ideal candidate will currently be working in a similar capacity dealing with social housing properties and be able to demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
- To ensure all assigned tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient standard
- Management of multiple workloads
- Updating PDA devices with key information and work schedules
- Promoting the Pyramid Plus London corporate image and service excellence in every resident visit
- Actively deal with tenant issues and complaints in a positive and effective manner
- Making decisions upon specialist experience and knowledge
- Ensuring compliance at all times with necessary regulations, standards, and legal responsibilities of repair work and contractor compliance
- Managing van stock effectively
- Working as an integral member of the Pyramid Plus London team including mentoring and coaching of apprentices.
- Taking part in the out of hours "on call" system as required by the service
Experience and Qualifications:
- Level 2 NVQ in Carpentry or be time served.
- Confident and experienced in providing other basic maintenance including: plumbing, patch plastering etc
- Full UK driving License
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, telephone skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- An understanding and ability to show tact and discretion when dealing with members of the public.
About Pyramid Plus London
Pyramid Plus is an asset management company that provides a range of property services to the private, public and not-for-profit sectors across London and the South East. Founded in 2013, Pyramid Plus brings together the expertise of three leading organisations, which between them have over 100 years of history and experience: A2Dominion, Breyer and MITIE.
Apply to join our team today!
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within a week after the closing date, Friday 2nd February 2018. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have been unfortunate on this occasion.
Direct applicants will only be considered, no agencies on this occasion thank you.
Pyramid Plus London is an equal opportunities employer
- Property Maintenance
- Social Housing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job