Full Time Loft Storage Solutions Installer (Joiner/ Carpenter / Builder)
To cover any areas around Berkshire from a base near Reading, including Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Oxforshire Wiltshire etc.
Previous applicants need not apply
£26,000 Initial Start (+ Overtime Available) for Head Fitter
£18,000 Initial Start (+ Overtime Available) for Assistant Fitter
INSTALOFT are an award winning loft storage company based in the Midlands and we are rapidly expanding. This is an exciting time to join the business as we begin our national roll out plan as there will be plenty of scope for advancement in the company.
Product and installation training is included but you must have some knowledge of tools, building and working with wood. You will be installing our Award Winning Raised loft floor system, loft hatches, loft ladders, loft insulation, roof windows and more.
Due to expansion we are currently recruiting a full time Loft Storage Solutions Installer to join of team to cover the new Branch in the Berkshire area.
You will be required to work anywhere in the following areas: Berkshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, working from a base in Berkshire
This is a very responsible job as you will be responsible for your own work schedule working alone and as part of a team.
Uniforms (Tops and T shirts provided), full training, LoftZone installer certification, all stationary and general PPE will be given (boots or work pants not provided), you will require your own tools.
A company van will be provided.
Our business is to create loft storage solutions in our customer’s loft spaces. This may entail installing a new hatch, enlarging the existing hatch space, installing a ladder, sub-frame, light and boarding, top-up insulation and clearing out lofts. We also build rooms in a loft. Instaloft is a one of a kind, family run business. We have worked hard to get where we are and in a relatively short time too. Hard work and dedication from all our team has really set us apart from our competitors. We believe in ongoing training to keep us focused on providing the ultimate in loft boarding storage solutions for our customers. So what does the role involve?
- Working from an electronic job sheet, picking materials from stores for the job.
- To load loft boarding materials into company owned vehicle and to drive to customer properties to carry out loft boarding installations, loft storage work including installing loft insulation, clearing lofts, roof dust lining and many other loft storage solutions, as per the customer requirements.
- To complete loft boarding surveys/quotes on site as per company training (when required)
- To complete all paperwork as required and pass on to the relevant department.
- To adhere to any instructions given, either verbally or on electronic work sheet
- You could be working on your own, or as part of a team.
- You will be required to liaise with the office on a daily basis
- Making sure you van has relevant stock.
- To look after you van, i.e. general maintenance.
- To treat all clients of Instaloft Ltd with courtesy, and their property with due care
- And any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post, which may be allocated from time to time
What essential skills are required?
- Good grades in English and Math's are essential (C - PASS) minimum
- Previous experience of dealing with the general public
- You must be punctual.
- You must be flexible; you may need to be diverted to a call-back at short notice.
- Ability to communicate articulately with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Loft Boarding Installing work is a physical job and you will need to be fit. There is a lot of lifting, crouching, stretching etc.
- You will definitely need a head for heights as well as being able to work in confined spaces as these are fundamental requirements of the job
- A full and current UK driving license is essential (3 points max)
- Flexibility in working hours will be required
- Joinery/carpentry skills/qualification/ experience
Additional requirements of a Loft Installer
- Have good customer service skills
- A professional attitude towards your work
- The ability to work unsupervised and think for yourself .
Hours of work: 40 hours between the hours of 07.00 and 4.30 hours, Monday to Friday Overtime is often available.
Previous applicants need not apply
Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Fitters from £18,000
Head Fitters: From £26,000.
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job