For 25 years, customers in the UK and overseas have partnered with First Choice Staff to find the best talent for their business. Our Aviation Division supplies temporary and permanent staff along with standalone referencing services at all UK airports, working with Airlines, Ground Handlers, Aviation Support Service Providers, Retailers, Airline Caterers, Cargo Handlers ……………….and more !
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
Cargo Handlers to work at Heathrow Airport.
Temporary, Temporary to Permanent and Permanent positions available.
The role involves providing a high level of service and accuracy and support, whilst presenting a professional corporate image, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to, total customer satisfaction and a significant contribution to the team is achieved. Training is provided for this vacancy but a Fork Lift Licence or some previous Fork Lift Experience would be an advantage.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
- 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
- No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
- Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Max 6 points, free of Drink, Drug and Insurance Convictions)
- Min 18 years of age
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a Ramp Agent / Baggage Handler:-
- Working for a major worldwide Cargo / Ground Handling Organisation.
- Continuous heavy lifting, Building and breaking down cargo and freight, loading and unloading stock.
- Airside driving to transport cargo to the aircraft.
- Operating Fork Lift trucks.
- Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions to sort, load and unload cargo from the aircraft.
- Working as a team member in a manual warehouse environment.
- Driving large vehicles airside (training provided) and working with mechanical handling equipment.
- Daily running of the warehouse.
- Rotating stock using manual and powered pump trucks.
- Process dangerous goods in line with IATA and AVI regulations.
- Compliance of Regulatory Bodies e.g. HSE, CAA and HMRC/ Border force.
- Separate and process goods according to airline requirements.
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
- Liaise with customers in a polite and professional manner.
- Have a flexible approach to work including flexibility to work a variety of hours and shifts.
- You must have excellent attention to detail along with good standard of numeracy and literacy and be able to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English.
Starting Salary - £23,500 rising to £25,300 after one year of service.
Overtime paid at £13.33 per hour - rising to £14.68 per hour after one year of service.
Hours - 42 hours per week (overtime as and when required) you will be required to work weekends and bank holidays when the shift pattern requires.
Shifts are up to 12 hours in length (including day and night shifts) 100% flexibility is required, and example of shift patterns include:-
- 2 days followed by 3 nights and 5 shifts off
- 2 days followed by 2 nights and 4 shifts off
- 4 days with 4 shifts off
- Fork Lift
- Mechanical Handling
- Heavy Lifting