Cargo Agent - LHR
Cargo Agent - Heathrow Airport
"By applying for this position you are giving your Affirmative Consent to First Choice Staff to store and use your data and to put you forward for vacancies including the role you have applied for as well as other vacancies that First Choice Staff feel you may be suitable for".
For 25 years, customers in the UK and overseas have partnered with First Choice Staff to find the best talent for their business. Our Aviation Division supplies temporary and permanent staff along with standalone referencing services at all UK airports, working with Airlines, Ground Handlers, Aviation Support Service Providers, Retailers, Airline Caterers, Cargo Handlers …………….and more !
We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
Permanent Cargo Agent to work at Heathrow Airport.
The role will involve the daily running of clerical operations in the facility, maintaining customer service levels to a high standard in conjunction with the lead agent, supporting the lead agent in all areas of the business and ensuring compliance of regulatory bodies such as HSE, CAA and HMRC
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
- 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
- No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
- Min 18 years of age
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a Cargo Agent:-
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of operational processes and procedures
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Liaising with customers in a polite and efficient manner
- Interrogating the customer systems to obtain information concerning any consignment
- Liaising and interacting with the transport division to ensure all airline customers trucking requirements are satisfied with agreed time frames.
- Operating telephone system in a polite and efficient manner
- Checking Dangerous Goods to IATA / AVI checks
- Liaising with warehouse staff and drivers as appropriate
- Starting Salary - £23,300 rising to £24,220 after 6 months & then £25,300 after a year.
- Overtime - £13.33 to begin with then £13.99 then £14.68 to match the increasing salary
- Hours - 42 hours per week, working up to 12 hour day & night shifts.
- Shifts - You will be required to be flexible to work a selection of shift patterns that could include - 2 days/3 nights on and 5 off, 2 days/2 nights on and 4 off and 4 days on and 4 off.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Systems
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"