Caretaker - Full Time, 12 Month Fixed term Contract - £21,600 per annum – 37 hours per week
Do you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Caretaker to join our repairs and maintenance division.
Our Caretaker position is located in Rotheram, working as part of a dedicated local Team the role with undertake a high standard of Caretaking works to housing properties. Delivering the best in class customer service and satisfying all safety, quality and cost control standards.
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. The role is working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm and 8am to 3.30pm on a Friday.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading housing providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions. With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide. We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm’s Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What the role involves:
- We are looking for an experienced Caretaker to join team Ensure cleaning, repairs and maintenance are undertaken in accordance with agreed protocols & time frames.
- Various Grounds based duties and Gardening
- Ensure cleaning, repairs and maintenance are undertaken in accordance with agreed protocols & time frames.
- Ensure plant tools and equipment to undertake tasks are inspected before use and in safe working order.
- Ensure that the customer experience is central to all activities by adopting a professional manner when communicating with service users, clients, and both internal/external stakeholders This includes but is not limited to appearance, company ID, condition of vehicles and maintaining a high standard of Health & Safety requirements.
- Process all activities in association with tasks/works electronically utilising a hand held device (PDA). This includes, but not limited to, worksheets, timesheets, photographic evidence of works before / during / after, booking of annual leave, vehicle inspections, safeguarding issues, risk assessments and method statements.
- Keep all supplied company assets in a good condition in line with the company policies and report to your Supervisor/Manager where damages occur.
- Utilise existing stock or collect materials as and when required to meet works order requirements, in accordance with standard operating procedures for purchasing and van stock control compliance.
- Attend informal and formal meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participate in call out cover if and when required to ensure contract compliance & service user satisfaction for emergency repairs.
What you need to have:
- Previous experience as a Groundworker/Caretaker/Cleaning/Labouring or similar
- Experience in the following areas would also be preferred: Bricklaying, Carpentry & Joinery, Damp Proof Coursing, Glazing, Painting & Decorating, Plastering, Plumbing, Tiling.
- Ideally previous domestic, social, construction housing experience
- Full driving licence
What's in for you?
- Competitive annual salary - £21,600
- Company vehicle and fuel card (if applicable)
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'