We are currently recruiting for an experienced caretaker to come and join a fast paced public sector team based within RCT. You will need a valid, UK driving licence to be considered for this role as you will have to driver to different locations around RCT.
- To provide cover and site supervisor support in regards core duties at all Council locations as required and within operational constraints.
- To undertake weekly testing of equipment, fire alarms, emergency lighting, emergency door opening, security cameras, inspection of fire fighting equipment and the reporting of faults, wherever required.
- Undertake any necessary Statutory testing including weekly water testing (As per statutory Legionella guidance).
- Preparation of the venues for conference and seminar bookings including demonstrating operation of audio visual equipment, setting out furniture, assisting with refreshments, cleaning crockery, and ensuring that kitchen area is left in a clean and tidy condition by caterers and other users.
- To undertake minor repairs and maintenance work which is deemed outside of the Measured Term Contract for Non Housing Building Maintenance.
- To issue and monitor day-to-day orders under measured term contract and act as the first point of contact for contractors arriving at the site(s) to undertake building work.
- To inspect toilets for leaks, faults in equipment and arrange replacement of sundries such as soap, toilet paper and towels with cleaning staff where necessary.
- To keep the external area of the building(s) and car park(s) in a clean condition including the regular removal of litter and weeds etc and to undertake the 'gritting' of car park(s) and pedestrian areas (as appropriate) during adverse weather.
- Removal of refuse etc. to skip and responsibility for arrangements for the emptying and re-provision of refuse skip (including re-cycling).
- To travel between sites as required, using the Estates transport van, when necessary.
- To adopt a flexible approach to working hours to reflect potential early start and late finishing outside of office hours which are between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
- To carry out health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Division's Health & Safety Responsibilities document.
- Knowledge of day to day matters relevant to Estates and Property Management
- Knowledge of the operation of heating systems within large buildings
- Knowledge of health and safety and fire procedures
- General knowledge of fire and security alarm systems
- Experience of working as a Caretaker in a large building
- Experience of dealing with tenants, building occupiers and members of the public
If you feel you are right for the role, apply today.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'