Our client is seeking a weekday caretaker to work at a building based in North West London.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 08:00-17:00
* Ensure the presentation and cleanliness of the common areas are maintained to a high standard. This also extends to ensuring the front and rear of the building is swept and maintained.
* Sort and deliver mail as required. If post is delivered for an unoccupied property, then arrange redelivery as per any instructions received or store these items away securely until they can be collected.
* Ensure sufficient supplies of light bulbs and other consumable items e.g. grit etc. are available and order further supplies when required through the appropriate channels
* Act as point of contact for any contractors attending the property during your shift. (If the site has been identified as containing asbestos then you must ensure all contractors, before commencing work activities, read and sign the Contractors Communication Register located within the building Asbestos Management Plan held on site).
* Ensure that the managing agent is aware of any contractors instructed directly by a resident and that they adhere to any relevant restrictions e.g. start/end time of work being carried out etc.
* Escalate any building or grounds issues raised by residents
* Inspect the building whilst carrying out your regular duties and report any defects to the appropriate person i.e. Head Porter, Building Manager, Managing Agent etc.
* Ensure compliance with Fire Safety regulations by ensuring all exits are clear from obstruction, ensuring that all fire exits are closed and being aware of the procedures to follow should a fire occur. (Personnel are to make themselves familiar with the contents of the most current Fire Risk Assessment for the building).
* Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained including the collection of litter from around the building as you carry out your duties to avoid it accumulating, reporting any contractors who are observed working in an unsafe manner.
* Ensure that all hazardous material e.g. cleaning materials are used and stored in accordance with COSHH regulations and that COSHH Risk Assessments & Material Safety Data Sheets are held on site for each cleaning product used.
* Ensure that the security of the block is maintained at all times by checking that all communal doors leading to the block are closed, that all keys being held are locked away securely and all contractors sign in and out of the building
* All other property related duties required for the general upkeep and wellbeing of the property and any reasonable request made by the Property Manager
* Clean the bin and recycling storage areas and report any dumped bulky items to the managing agent as and when needed
The successful candidate must have previous experience working at high-end establishments such as residential apartments or a 5 star hotel.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'