We are currently looking for a Caretaker to join a leading company based in the Colchester Colchester area. This role will report directly to the Contract Manager. You will be an integral part of a small team working within a Specialist Recovery Centre environment.
The ideal candidate will be required to work shifts on a cover basis including weekends, may also be required to be on-call to deal with any queries out of office hours.
- First Responder duties to all leaks/spillages/reactive tasks and any task deemed necessary by the client
- Organising and carrying out various maintenance duties to ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is satisfactory
- Organising and carrying out minor improvement work e.g. erecting shelves, notice boards, redecorating, fixing etc.
- Monitoring fire safety equipment and assisting with fire drills as required
- Undertaking regular health and safety checks and resolving risks identified
- Operating and responding to alarm systems where appropriate
- Oversee/Manage the following services - Cleaning & Waste Management, Wardens and Grounds Maintenance
- Undertake routine Cleaning Audits to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained
- Ensuring the safe and secure storage of spare parts, materials, tools and consumables and the relevant COSHH data
- Effectively and efficiently dealing with other client specific requests e.g. from basic handyman tasks to specialist event organisation etc
- Experience of working within a similar role.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Great communication skills in both written and verbal format
- Experience of Handyperson/caretaking/cleaning/site-keeping in an office/residential or similar environment
- H&S Qualification such as IOSH is beneficial but otherwise training will be provided
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
At The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services Ltd we would love to provide feedback to every applicant that submits an application to our advert, however this is not always achievable due to the high volumes of applications we receive. We kindly ask that if you have not heard back from us within five days of submitting an application to note your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services Ltd are acting as an employment agency for the advertised role. The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services Ltd team of consultants are all experts in their field of recruitment, these include, but not exclusively, engineering, back office staff, management, sales and temporary staffing solutions. The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services Ltd team has a number of years’ experience helping find the right positions for their candidates and the right people for their clients. The consultants are all passionate about delivering a professional and efficient service. With a centrally located office in Colchester we are well equipped to assist with staffing requirements (both temporary and permanent) throughout Essex and Suffolk, across a wide range of sectors.
- Facilities Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job