School Caretaker job in Gloucester - Perm - £16K-£18K - March 2018 start date
Your new company
A school in Gloucester are looking for a part time time caretaker to join their dynamic and high achieving comprehensive school and work alongside their excellent facilities and site management team.
The hours will be 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, all year round. The role is a permanent placement with the view for someone to start at the beginning of March to work alongside the current caretaker and do a throughout handover.
Your new role
As a school Caretaker, you will be responsible for contribution to the security, safety and day to day running of the school premises and ensure that pupils have a comfortable, clean, safe and well maintained environment in which to work or otherwise use the school facilities.
- To open the grounds and school buildings, including the unlocking and locking of the school gates and school building
- Undertake minor repairs and maintenance; repairing door handles, fixing furniture, minor painting and decorating repairs
- Arrange external cleaning contractors and ensure cleaning is carried out to the standard specified in their contract
- Arrange for repairs and maintenance work to be undertaken by external firms and contractors
- To assist with the distribution of deliveries of orders
What you'll need to succeed
To work as a school Caretaker, previous experience of working within facilities management in a similar sector is necessary. You will have an ability to undertake a range of general maintenance tasks and cleaning duties and relevant skills as well as a knowledge of ordering procedures. You will also have an understanding of Health and Safety issues which would lead to a requirement to have a knowledge of relevant legislation.
What you'll get in return
By registering with Hays you will benefit from competitive rates of pay as well as regular contact from your own personal consultant. You will also have access to a wide range of Caretaker work opportunities, many for which are only available to Hays candidates as certain schools across Gloucestershire work exclusively in partnership with Hays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.