Our client is currently seeking a Caretaker to join the team at a luxury residential apartment development in Woodford. Hours of work will 8am-4pm, working Monday to Friday.
- Report to your line Manager any areas of concern or residents queries relating to the development.
- Maintain a daily works diary which will include any tests you carry out.
- Co-ordinate and check contractors work and performance.
- Test mechanical equipment such as the gate/pump station, entry systems and lift each day. A weekly test of the lift telephone line is also necessary.
- Clean all the car park light fittings thoroughly on an annual basis. This includes the removal the light covers so the inside the fittings are clean.
- To keep the car park clean, swept, and clear of personal items and debris.
- If Management requests, to be prepared to attend site in the event of an emergency. This is extremely rare but to be noted.
- To report any damage or faults associated with the development to Management.
- To replace internal/external light bulbs and sensors when necessary.
- To carry our basic DIY, repairs, and redecoration works when required.
- To challenge visitors and anyone suspicious entering the development.
- Encourage residents and visitors to the development to park correctly in respect of the parking arrangements.
- To make sure fire doors in the communal areas are not propped open and that the communal area is free of personal items and risk.
- To check the landlord cupboards to ensure residents are not wrongfully storing personal items in them.
- Getting the bins out of the bin store each Thursday morning, and then cleaning the bin store before putting the bins back. This is to coincide with the weekly councils rubbish collection.
- Getting the re-cycling bins out once per fortnight to coincide with the council's collection.
- To clean all the communal areas throughout the building once a week. The duties include cleaning, hovering, polishing, sweeping and moping.
- To provide monthly meter/water readings to management.
- To carry out on a monthly basis the emergency light and smoke detector testing.
- To keep a general eye out on the grounds and trees.
- To distribute rock salt as and when needed to key areas as advised by Management.
- To jet wash areas of the grounds when necessary.
- To keep the caretakers office clean, tidy and presentable.
Previous experience working in residential apartments would be ideal and a background working as a caretaker or gardener is essiential. The successful candidates must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.