TEMPORARY TO PERMANANT POSITION TO START IMMEDIATELY
Our client who provides FM Support Services to Schools in the Kent BSF Project is seeking to recruit a Caretaker for a new build secondary school in Gravesend.
- To maintain the security of premises, ensuring proper and regular patrols when requested by the Facilities/Site Manager, are undertaken and that alarms are properly maintained, used, reset as necessary and tested.
- To act as one of the main key holders of the site, registered as such with the police, and to ensure that access to keys and the site is given only to authorised persons.
- To ensure that all windows, doors and gates are opened and closed at appropriate times.
- When acting as key holder, to attend the site/premises in emergencies, taking appropriate action in the case of break-in, theft or fire, including boarding up broken windows, repairing or changing door or window locks and resetting alarms.
- Inform the Facilities/Senior Caretaker of any premises-related health and safety issue requiring attention.
- To maintain appropriate and adequate first aid and infection control equipment and materials in accordance with KFS policy and guidelines.
- To carry out the maintenance of emergency equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers) and the proper storage and use of any harmful machinery or toxic materials.
- To ensure the safe and efficient operation of all mechanical, electrical and heating services on the site.
- To carry out all necessary statutory checks relating to the premises, for example, Water Temperature Checks.
- To monitor and take appropriate action to ensure proper and safe levels of heating, lighting and ventilation.
- To deal with contractors in order to ensure that appropriate risk assessments, method statements and permits are in place and to sign off work only when it has been completed in full and to a satisfactory standard.
- To conduct a handover meeting with the Schools Plus member of staff, ensuring that the building has been checked, issues logged and areas locked down as appropriate.
- To assist in ensuring the proper cleaning of the site and premises. To undertake cleaning as required, including dealing with slippery floors, floods, spillage’s, bodily fluids and planned annual cleaning programmes.
- To wear protective clothing and uniform as issued.
- To ensure that school playgrounds/car parks are cleaned and maintained, including removing weeds from hard surfaces, removing fallen leaves, litter and other debris and arranging for efficient refuse collection from the site.
- To ensure that external paths, steps and entrances are clear of debris, snow, water, leaves or other hazards and that the site and grounds are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
- Take utility meter readings and report as instructed.
- To assist in ensuring the removal and portering of furniture and deliveries within the school/site and to carry out room/area set ups, examination set ups as required.
- To assist in undertaking health and safety risk assessments on the premises, making appropriate recommendations for change or improvements.
- To assist in major redecoration of rooms or other parts of the site as required from time to time by the Facilities/Senior Caretaker.
To maintain appropriate records, manual and computerised, for all maintenance and repairs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure
- Customer focused; Excellent communication skills
- Health & Safety (IOSH Working/Managing Safely)
- Good standard of education; with an appropriate skill set, for example basic DIY, Plumbing, electrical
- Prepared to work unsociable hours.
- DBS (criminal records bureau) clearance.
Hours: Split Shifts - 40 hour week
- First Aid
- Enhanced DBS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job