Urgent Role - Looking for a Caretaker Technician
Purpose of the role
To deliver Facilities Support and Caretaking Services to a varied range of commercial and educational properties within the MKC portfolio and to ensure that are undertaken to the required standard. There is particular focus on the main corporate properties but also carries wider portfolio responsibilities.
The standard service provisions operates between the hours of 0730 - 1800 Monday to Saturday (5 out of 6 days) and working to a rota will be required to ensure that the service is delivered.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be working for the Facilities Support Team Leader, within a team of Caretaking Technician staff working a shift pattern to cover the operational hours of the building of 7.30-1800 Monday-Fridays. This position will on occasion also require out of hours working on evenings and weekends, for which overtime is payable.
- Perform own duties and ensure other staff operate in line with Health & Safety and COSHH Regulations taking remedial action where possible and reporting hazards immediately
- You will have good verbal communication and customer service skills for interacting with colleagues, supervisors and the general public.
- Prepare the layout of rooms and AV equipment for meetings/conferences, as required, and clear when necessary. This will also include the use of a computerised Room Booking Software.
- The role holder will drive MKC vehicles of varying sizes in connection with dutiesto move from one building to another.
- Understand Fire Safety and Health & Safety Regulations, emergency procedures and the rules for evacuating the building.
Skills Required of this role
Good standard of education and qualifications to NVQ 2 standard or a minimum of 3 GCSE’, A* - C ( Including Maths and English)
Working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations including Care of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, giving a wide range of information in relation to services.
Ability to use a wide variety of basic IT packages.
Experience of the set up and operation of Audio Visual Equipment.
Full clean driving licence
- Facilities Management
- Fire Safety
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'