Caretaker - Part Time
We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Caretaker – Part Time
John Baker House, Salisbury
£8.74 per hour (rising to £9.20 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
12 hours per week - Flexible, to be discussed at interview
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are seeking a Caretaker to play a vital role in maintaining a safe and well presented environment by carrying out general maintenance in the scheme and grounds, whilst respecting the privacy and dignity of service users.
The role of Caretaker will include:
- Completing minor property repairs
- General cleaning, to include sweeping yards and mopping floors
- Undertaking routine health and safety tasks, such as testing fire alarms
- Overseeing stock levels, maintaining an adequate supply
- Keeping accurate records of daily works completed and compiling risk assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a caretaker role is desirable, but not essential
- Self-organised with the ability to work on own initiative
- Good at problem solving, with practical skills in identifying and/or carrying out minor repairs
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- An understanding of basic health and safety
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours per week
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 18 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"