caretaker - Hailsham
Your new company
Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career in education? Do you have relevant skills and experience in working with children and young people? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for experienced school workers to join our team and support various roles in schools across the region. You will have the opportunity to work in different settings, such as primary, secondary, special needs, or alternative provision schools. You will also have the choice of working on a temporary or permanent basis, depending on your availability and preference.
Your new role
We are looking for reliable and hard-working school caretakers to join our team and help us maintain a safe, clean and welcoming environment for our students, staff and visitors. You will be responsible for a range of duties, such as:
- Carrying out basic repairs and maintenance around the school premises and grounds
- Managing access and security of the site, including opening and closing the school
- Cleaning or supervising cleaning of the facilities, including classrooms, toilets, corridors and outdoor areas
- Setting up and taking down furniture and equipment for school events and functions
- Liaising with the premises manager and external contractors as needed
- Following health and safety policies and procedures at all times
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A good level of physical fitness and manual dexterity
- Basic DIY skills and knowledge of tools and equipment
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- A valid DBS check or willingness to obtain one
We offer competitive rates of pay, flexible hours, training opportunities and a supportive work environment. We have both temporary and permanent positions available, depending on your availability and preference.
What you'll get in return
- You will receive a competitive salary and pension scheme.
- You will enjoy a supportive and collaborative work culture.
- You will have ongoing training and development opportunities.
- You will have access to a range of facilities and resources.
- You will have a chance to make a positive difference in the school community.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career. If you know of other education professionals looking for supply, long-term or permanent work, you can also receive £250 worth of vouchers every time you recommend a colleague to Hays Education.
ontact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'