Caretaker Evening Shift
Job Title: Caretaker (Evening Shift)
Salary: Pro-rata £14,011 per annum based on FTE equivalent of £21,017
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
The Portsmouth Grammar School is a leading co-educational school located in the historic heart of Portsmouth.
The Caretaker (Evening Shift) is responsible for supporting the successful day-to-day operations of the Estates Department. This is a part-time post for 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 14.00-19.00 each day. Some flexibility is required to work additional hours on an ad hoc basis on evenings where a planned event may run late, at weekends or to attend required training outside of regular working hours.
The start date will be as soon as possible.
- As a key holder, be solely responsible for the locking of school premises in the silent hours
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of school grounds
- Operate and use machinery, equipment and hazardous substances whilst observing all Health and Safety regulations
- Arrange and/or carry out the movement of furniture and equipment within the site
- Undertake regular compliance checks of school assets
- Unload and distribute deliveries
- Provide secure and safe access for pupils, parents, staff, visitors and contractors
- Direct traffic on site
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of working within a team (Essential)
- Good communication skills
- A good standard of IT literacy
- Free two-course lunch during school term times
- NEST or Aviva pension scheme
- Free use of the school's Sports facilities which include a well-equipped Fitness Centre
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free staff car park
- The school is a strong supporter of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Facilities Operator, Caretaker, Groundsman, Groundsperson, Groundswoman, Grounds Keeper, Property Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance, Site Maintenance will also be considered for this role.
- Property Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Site Maintenance
- Grounds Keeper
- Facilities Operator
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'