Job Title: Carers Hub Coordinator
Salary: £20,942.35 per year
Location: East Kent (Deal)
Varied and interesting role available as a Carers Hub Coordinator with this established charity!
You will be the first point of contact for Carers calling for information, advice, or even just a friendly ear, directing their queries to the right place with an approachable and helpful voice.
- Providing a telephone triage, assessment, and support service to Carers, directing each call to the most appropriate team member.
- Following procedures and using in house information systems to manage incoming referrals.
- Working with Carers to identify their needs and appropriate support options, building rapport and empowering them.
- Assessing the eligibility of callers to access funded support.
- Managing bookings for events and activities, including arranging transport and respite to enable Carers' attendance.
- Contributing case studies and evaluations of the service for management to use in service planning, newsletters and promotional materials.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy, with excellent administrative skills.
- Experience of working with people with care needs and/or Carers, and an understanding of their needs.
- Ideally, some knowledge of Social Care and NHS processes, including around hospital discharge, and care funding.
- A very high standard of personal integrity and an understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality and discretion when dealing with very sensitive personal information.
- A lovely, reassuring manner with the ability to build rapport quickly and provide open and non-judgemental support.
- Emotional resilience - this role involves speaking to people in challenging situations and the right person will be able to manage their own responses to this, seeking support as necessary.
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to people, whilst working for a well-respected charity within a dynamic, busy team.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Leah Hall, Business Support Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent's leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on Facebook @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment and Instagram @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment.
By working with us, you will be helping support charities across Kent; we have raised over £50,000 so far!
- customer service
- incoming calls
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'