Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Since 1999, our client has been redefining the care industry and providing award winning living environments for our residents. Their aim is to provide a ‘home like’ care within their family orientated developments. They do this by striving to deliver the best service they can, while ensuring their committed health care professionals have the passion to deliver an excellent service. They offer a range of services including: respite, residential, nursing, frail elderly and dementia care.
Summary of the Carer role:
As a Carer you will be responsible for the Care of residents and to work in a team environment to ensure good practices exist. As a Carer you will deliver physical, psychological and social care to the frail elderly residents of the home, and meeting the needs and supporting the smooth running of the routines within the home. Full participation of the Keyworker system; and contributing to the records maintained, relating to residents and procedures. Other care responsibilities will include assisting with medication distribution; acting as a team member, answering enquiries from visitors and professional bodies associated with the care of the residents, and ensuring that any enquiries or tasks beyond knowledge or capability are passed on to the Senior Carer in charge of the shift.
Responsibilities of the Carer:
- Delivering a high level of personal and psychological care to all residents in a professional manner, administering care requirements to residents eg medications; toileting; bathing; etc.
- Complete records where required to a satisfactory standard.
- Keyworker and Care Plan documentation are fully completed within the timeframes agreed.
- Support co-workers and senior staff on duty, acting as team worker at all times for the benefit of the residents and staff.
- Act as an ambassador for the Home in all dealings with visitors and the general public.
- Ensure the individual rights of residents and staff are safeguarded in accordance with the Home’s philosophy of care by being aware of the working practices and activities being actioned.
- To answer telephone calls, when there is no-one else available to ensure an efficient telephone and enquiry service to the general public and relatives, and taking accurate messages when required.
- Maintain client, staff and business confidentiality at all times
Requirements of the Carer:
- Demonstrable experience in a care home or similar environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate successful experience of providing exceptional care.
- Experience of using patient care monitoring and tracking computer packages.
- Experience of managing complex relationships, sometimes simultaneously.
- An understanding of the regulations and requirements needed to maintain an excellent care home.
- Diploma in Health and Social Care or NVQ desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
Benefits of becoming the Carer:
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience
- Rolling rotas and flexibility
- Training such as NVQ Health and Social Care Level 2 – 5 offered and encouraged.*
- Free bespoke competency and specialized training and the chance to work your way up
- Refer a Friend Scheme - receive between £150 - £200 for every friend you help recruit into the GCH family.*
- Perkbox – 100s free perks (discounts when shopping at more than 1000 supermarkets and more than 20000 local shops, free phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and many more)
- Company Pension
- Generous annual leave
- Exceptional candidates will be fast tracked into management
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Carer role, please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job