A Care Company is seeking Cares to join their team . The company provides professional, experienced healthcare workers to companies and individual clients across Reading and Berkshire.
This will involve the provision of personal and social care, respecting confidentiality at all times within an equal opportunities framework.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To undertake the tasks specified in the care plan which may include the following personal and social care tasks: -
• Bathing in bed/bathroom/chair to include all aspects of personal hygiene
• Assistance with management of continence of bladder and bowel
• Assistance with dressing and undressing
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Assistance with feeding
• Administration of medication
• Assistance with therapeutic programmes for rehabilitation and development as agreed with appropriate clinical professionals
• Ensuring a safe environment for those who need constant supervision and help in accordance with care policies e.g.Health and Safety policy and Challenging Behaviour Policy
• Supporting the person with a disability outside their home
• Assistance with getting up and going to bed
• Assistance with appliances (hearing aids, spectacles, artificial limbs, leg callipers).
• Care of skin and hair, including assistance with shaving
• Care of pressure areas and prevention of sores
• Care of mouth and teeth, including dentures
• Summoning emergency services if necessary
• Provision of emotional support to the person with care needs and their carer(s) as part of the caring team
• Domestic duties
- making and changing the bed of the person with care needs
- essential laundering.
- essential shopping.
- preparing meals and washing up.
- general household chores.
• To undertake other specialised care tasks as agreed by the Management committee.
• To maintain accurate records as directed by the line manager and carry out any administrative tasks as required e.g. Timesheets, care plan.
• To act in accordance with care policies and procedures and standards.
• To participate in supervision, appraisal and training sessions to ensure that standards are constantly maintained.
• To work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and providing a flexible service.
• To respect the personal choice of lifestyles of colleagues, carers and people with care needs, ensuring that equal opportunities principles are applied always.
Previous experience required . Full-time and Part-time positions available.
Full driving license required.
- Personal Care
- Social Care
- Elder Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job