Careers, Enterprise, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Officer required
Principal Resourcing are requiring a Careers, Enterprise, Advice and Guidance officer for one of our Trust school’s based in Bradford. This position is full timee, 5 days week Monday to Friday. The position is to start ASAP and for the right candidate could become a permanent role.
- Work with pupils and staff to raise aspirations of future careers, through providing accurate and up-to-date advice and guidance on careers pathways.
Help organise a range of career events both within and outside the school day, including assemblies, fairs, talks and guest speakers, parents evenings, training events and apprenticeships.
- Organise work experience/placements for pupils and monitor the H&S and effectiveness of these.
- Organise staff visits to work experience placements, college and university including provision of guidance material for them.
- Organise school Student Leadership Training and elections/management of the work of the student leadership team in Year 10 and 11.
- Support the school in any Princes Trust, Duke of Edinburgh, National Careers Service programmes to widen pupil participation and social mobility and resilience
- Plan, organise and promote work-related learning, such as practice mock interview days and industry and enterprise days.
- Oversee arrangements for all pupils attending off-site provision, including interviews, taster visits, transport arrangements, monitoring progress and quality of provision, monitoring the costs of all off-site provision and co-ordinating and evaluating student assessment information.
- Organise and monitor the quality of extended alternative work-related experiences which address 14-16 student needs.
- Develop effective links with external agencies/organisations, including the National Careers Service, local careers advisory service, key local colleges, and businesses
- Work with Heads of Department/Faculty/PSHE/Life Skills to develop CIAG work to incorporate work-related learning/enterprise opportunities.
- Work in close partnership with the SENCO, Student Service Officers, Counsellor and Learning Support Assistants to target vulnerable/SEND pupils with IAG where appropriate.
- To deliver an effective and inclusive Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) service to all prospective learners with impartial one to one interviews and group IAG advice, focusing on Year 10 and all year 11 pupils.
- Use results of IAG and assessments to match prospective learners to the appropriate pathway and develop effective individual learning plans to meet these needs.
- Create and maintain appropriate records to support all contact/interaction with prospective/actual learners and employers (both electronic and paper-based) in accordance with internal and external agency requirements. This includes monitoring NEET and RPA figures as well as interview records, pupil questionnaires, observations and partnership agreements.
- Attend Careers, employer and open events (internal and external) to represent the school as necessary.
- Prepare data and management information reports to the Student Service Manager as necessary.
- Provide administrative cover duties as required which will include up to 12 lessons of class cover a week
- To oversee the Careers section of the Learning Resource Centre, maintaining and updating a resource bank of materials and contact and to advise the Student Services Manager.
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking specialist Consultants
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses available
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- 'Recommend a Friend’ bonus - up to £100 for every recommend
Principal Resourcing are an equal opportunities employer.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references. We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
We are proud to be REC Audited Education Status with the GOLD standard for recruitment.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
- Secondary Education
- Secondary School
- careers advice
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'