The Careers Advice Team is expanding and would like to recruit a Careers Adviser.
The Harris Federation is a successful, highly collaborative and enterprising group of academies in and around London. Our network of academies is setting standards of excellence through an experienced and supportive approach with the aim that every child in London can have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future. The focus of the Harris Federation is on transforming some of the most challenging schools in London into exceptional places of learning. That means that when you work at a Harris academy, you are playing a part in something very important – giving children the freedom and the opportunities to choose their own futures.
You will provide Careers Advice and Guidance to students within your allocated academies but you must be willing to work across other academies in and around London. Team meetings and events often take place at our head office in Croydon but on a daily basis, you will be based in your link academies.
The role will involve working closely with the Federation Careers Consultant and the Careers Team to design, plan and deliver an informed offer for students. This will include careers interview, structured curriculum projects, off-site careers-related activities and a centrally planned programme of events.
What we are looking for:
- Diploma in Careers Guidance or Qualification in Careers Guidance to Level 6 (essential)
- Experience of developing and delivering CEIAG within an education setting
- Experience of successfully motivating students to plan and achieve their career goals
- A good communicator with the ability to develop strong working relationships with a wide range of people.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work for the Harris Federation?
- A supportive and inspiring team
- The opportunity to be part of a Federation that is giving children the freedom and opportunities to choose their own futures
- Outstanding personal and professional development opportunities
- Generous benefits and rewards package
If you would like a discussion in confidence about the post, please call .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job