Care Workers / Support Workers
Location: Ashford TW15 1LF
Salary: £8.00 - £8.50 per hour, depending on experience
Job Type: Full time and Part time Hours available.
Do you enjoy making a difference? Are you Kind, Caring and compassionate?
Our client is recruiting for Support Workers to Support and Care for Adult Individuals with learning disabilities.
About our client:
Our client provides support to adults with Learning Disabilities and complex needs. (Complex needs are Autism and Epilepsy). They were established in August 2007 and offer a friendly work environment with a ‘hands on’ management team. They operate across Surrey and London. They are registered with the Care Quality Commission.
The Care Workers / Support Worker role:
If you want to work in a fast paced environment, with others who are compassionate and caring to ensure a professional yet personal approach to caring for their valued individuals - then this is the Care provider for you.
They ensure that the individuals they support have the comfort and enjoyment of staying in their own homes and are able to be as self-sufficient as possible.
Duties of the Care Workers / Support Worker include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting their individuals, when required, with personal care, dressing, undressing, housework and all other aspects of daily living.
- Preparing meals
- Prompting Medication
- Assisting with personal hygiene
- Read and adhere to Care Plans for each individual Client.
- Continual professional development with annual refresher training and working towards Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care.
The ideal Care Workers / Support Worker will need the following skills and attributes:
- Confident, happy people to join their small, established teams
- Ability to use own initiative; for example, planning fun days out
- Flexibility to work within a rota pattern that covers 24 hours, including sleep ins
- Ability to work as a team and lone work
- Full driving licence (Own vehicle not required)
- Salary starting at £17,000 at junior level, based on fulltime (overtime opportunities available)
- Free Induction training
- 28 days paid annual holiday
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Use of company vehicles during your shift
- Regular Supervisions with your supervisor
- Yearly refresher training sessions
- NVQ 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care paid for by our client.
If you feel you’re suitable for this Care Workers / Support Worker role then please apply today!
All successful applicants will require a full enhanced DBS check paid for by the employer and offers are subject to satisfactory references.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job