Mears Care are looking for Care Workers to join a friendly team that respects hard work and dedication towards the local community in Northampton.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading care and housing providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
About the Role:
As a Care Worker you will be helping to enable people in your local community to live as independently as possible, by providing the best standards of care and support.
- Assisting with all elements of personal care, to ensure clients are supported in being as independent as possible in preparation for their day ahead
- Assisting clients with getting washed and dressed, preparing meals, prompting and assistance with taking medication
- Light household tasks
- Offering companionship and helping build clients confidence and independence
What you need to have?
- A full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle is beneficial
- Successful candidates must be willing to work alternate weekends, as well as 2 evenings per week
- No previous experience is required, full training will be provided.
Successful candidates will be given full training, covering the following:
- Practical subject such as cooking and household responsibilities
- Health and safety; moving and handling
- Personal care
- Dementia assistance
- As well as specialist areas that may be required by specific service users
What's in for you?
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free uniform and DBS check provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Generous Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
Whether you are an experienced Care Worker or fancy a change in career and believe you have the empathy for this exciting and rewarding career we would love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'