We are seeking caring, motivated people, to join our friendly team of Support/Care Workers, looking after young adults with learning disabilities in the rural village of Mayfield, East Sussex.
Care Assistant/ Care Worker - Learning Disabilities
Location - Mayfield, TN20 6TZ
- We are very proud that CQC have rated our residential and supported living services 'Good’
- The young adults we support are at the forefront of what we do, and we value the opportunity we have to positively impact and enable them
- We support young adults, predominantly aged 18 - 30, with learning disabilities, to live full and aspiring lives within a residential or supported living setting
Some key duties of a Care Assistant/ Care Worker are …
- Be part of a team of professionals, led by an experienced management team
- Deliver high quality, person-centred, active care and support including personal care
- Enable young adults to live as independently as possible, by following care plans codeveloped to reflect their hopes and aspirations
- Administer medication as required (experience not essential as full training will be provided)
- Be confident to drive a Company car and have bags of energy and enthusiasm to help our young adults get out and about in the community to meet people and engage in interests and hobbies
- Preferably you have a minimum of 1 year's experience as a support worker but full training will be given so this is not essential
- You have a caring and supportive nature
- You have excellent time-management skills
- You are a good communicator and able to write clear reports
- You hold a full driving license
We recognise that our staff are our best asset, so you will receive...
- Hourly rate of between £8.65 - £12.65
- Double pay on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Increase in hourly rate for long-term service
- Full induction and on-going training provided in-house. On top of this, while it is not essential, we encourage staff to do a Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care (or equivalent), and we allocate time on shift for you to work towards this if you wish to
- 28 days holiday allowance, plus additional holiday given for long-term service
- Pension scheme with 3% employer contribution
- Meals provided on shift
- No uniform required
To apply, please click Apply and upload a copy of your CV for consideration.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to DBS enhanced clearance, and satisfactory references.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'