Are you ready to make a difference? Come and be part of the Mears family and help us make people smile.
Who we are
Mears Care is one of the UK’s largest providers of domiciliary care & support services, delivering almost 5.8 million hours of support a year on behalf of 107 local authorities & 30 clinical commissioning groups.
Mears have recently been voted as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for by the Sunday Times based on feedback from our employees.
As a Care Assistant you will be helping to enable people in your local community to live as independently as possible in their homes by providing the best standards of care and support. So what are the sorts of things I could be doing? I hear you ask:
- Assisting with all elements of personal care, to ensure clients are supported in being as independent as possible in preparation for their day ahead.
- Assisting clients in getting washed and dressed, preparing meals, prompting and assistance with taking medication.
- Light household tasks
- Offering companionship and helping build clients confidence and independence
It goes without saying you will need to be caring, compassionate & empathetic. We provide the support and training to help you focus on building relationships with your clients, their families and your colleagues. A full clean driving licence and access to your own car is required for the role.
The role will require some evening or early morning work along with some weekends so flexibility is a must.
Whether you are an experienced Care Worker or fancy a change in career and believe you have the empathy for this exciting and rewarding career we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
- Full initial training to include our Employment Assessment Workshop to completion of the Care Certificate at 12 weeks
- At six months you will be offered a fully funded QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Flexible hours with part time options & guaranteed hours available.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Access to Mears Rewards giving you discounts on various high street brands, household bills, holidays and more!
- If you have more than 12 months experience as a domiciliary care worker you will receive a £300 golden handshake.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000!
- Annual company fun days at Drayton Manor where you and your family can have a day out completely on us once a year
If you share our passion for making a positive difference to people’s lives then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'