Our client is a quality home care provider in Wakefield. Their team has worked extensively over the last three years to build a reputation of quality in the care at home market.
They currently have full time Care Worker / Carer / Care Assistant positions available in Wakefield and the 5 towns.
Applicants need to have a full driving licence and their own car. Mileage is paid.
Full training is provided prior to commencing the role, then a programme of on-going on the job support from their supervision team. Care workers who excel in their role will be offered the opportunity to complete their diploma in health and social care.
Their daytime provision operates from 07:00 to 22:00, 7 days a week. Their night time provision operates from 22:00 to 07:00. Staff can choose to work earlies or lates, or a combination of both. Staff are expected to work a minimum of alternate weekends. Uniforms, gloves and aprons are provided.
Care Worker / Carer / Care Assistant job specification:
• Genuine care for others
• Good communication skills
• Ability to understand what the role entails
• Ability to follow instructions
• Own transport & full driving licence
• Experience in care provision
• Flexible, reliable availability
• To be able to attend all Customers’ calls
• To understand the importance of such calls
• To be able to cope with emergencies and difficult situations
• To be able to communicate with other people
• To be able to maintain high standards of care provision
(The role may involve some or all of the following. This is not intended as a complete list and is supplied for information only)
• Assist customers to get up, dressing and preparing them for their day
• Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming
• Toileting, assisting with use of commode, emptying commode
• Continence management
• Using manual handling equipment as specified
• Working with other care professionals such as District Nurses, GPs, etc.
• Assisting with prescribed medication
• Assist customers to go to bed, including undressing and washing
• Preparation of meals and assistance with feeding
• General household duties
• Bed making and laundry
• Shopping and supplies management
• To keep accurate records of care visits
• Social Outings for example Football Matches, Theatre, Cinema, Day trips etc.
Anyone who does not genuinely care about the welfare of other people will not be suitable for this job.
Staff will be required to have an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job