We are looking for care workers to provide person centred care and support to older people, some of whom have dementia, to live as independent as possible in a residential support project. You will provide support to service users, working as a team member in delivering high quality person centred care in a way that respects the dignity of the individual whilst promoting independence and wellbeing. Your role will include providing support as part of a structured approach and offering practical and emotional support in-line with their individual care plan. You will also work closely with other professionals and agencies to provide a co-ordinated service which meets the identified needs of the individuals.
Main duties will include assisting service users with general activities of daily living such as:
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
- Domestic Tasks
- Social Activities
- Managing day to day finances
- Nutritional Needs
Hours of Work:
Full or Part Time. Full time hours are 37.5 hours per week, part time hours are 16 hours per week. Hours to be worked flexibly on a rota which will include evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays according to the needs of the service.
All appointments will be subject to DBS enhanced disclosure, ISA and POCA.
The first six months will constitute a probationary period. When this is successfully completed, employment will be confirmed.
20 days plus 8 statutory days per annum pro rata.
Level 2 and/or Level 3 Health & Social Care Diploma:
All employees are required to have a minimum qualification of a level 2/3 Health and Social Care NVQ/Diploma. If you hold the NVQ/Diploma Health and Social Care level 2/3 (or equivalent) we may support you to undertake other qualifications. If you do not hold this qualification we will support you to undertake it once you have completed your probationary period.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A basic understanding and awareness of older people's needs and disabilities.
- Experience of working with a vulnerable client group.
- Good planning, administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively.
- Ability to provide sympathetic, emotional and practical support to service users.
- A common sense approach to problem solving and an ability to deal with conflict and distress
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with other agencies.
- Good standard of education to GCSE or equivalent.
- Willingness to work flexible hours according to needs of service users.
- Experience of providing care, support or other services to older adults with support needs.
- NVQ Level 2/Health and Social Care Diploma Level 2 qualified or equivalent.
- Level 2 in Dementia Care or a willingness to undertake.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Cordant Group is an Equal Opportunities employment agency, and as such encourage applications from all sections of the community.
- Care Home
- Care Assistant
- Support Work
- Dementia Care
- Care Worker