A fantastic role has arisen for a Care Worker to cover maternity leave to work for an outstanding School in Newbury who provide a caring community meeting the various needs of the young people in their care.
Care staff work a 42 hour week, (although in some houses this is an average across a fortnight), and must be prepared to undertake shift and weekend work.
Care Staff do not work during school holidays
Extra payment is made for sleeping-in duties and overtime. Staff are entitled to meals whilst at work.
- To oversee the physical care of the pupils, their physical health, diet, clothing, hygiene and safety, working with other staff where necessary,
- To undertake some domestic duties where necessary to the smooth running of the houses
- Care Staff should seek out young people for conversations, either one-to-one or in groups, to chat about everything from their progress, interests, or what is happening in the news, but also to help them with any problems they are facing
- To encourage and stimulate the physical, mental and emotional, growth of the young people
- Taking an interest in the pupils’ education and assisting them with their studies where reasonably possible
- Assisting in the organisation of outings
- Participating in leisure activities as requested by the Clubs and Activities Co-ordinator and organising and supervising games and other activities
- To work closely with families by having regular communication with parents and carers
- To attend meetings and conferences when requested
- To participate in the implementation of care plans and personal development records
- To communicate effectively with other care staff, teaching staff, nurses, speech and language and audiology staff
- To be familiar with and work in accordance with care policies
- No qualifications or experience is required although you are expected to work towards and complete an NVQ level 3 in Childcare
If this role sounds of interest please apply now
Hampshire Recruitment Service operate a recommend a friend scheme - Earn £200 by recommending your friends and family to us
- Personal Development
- Young People