The Lantern Community
Due to further expansion within our Community we require a House Co-ordinator to join our team here in our unique setting in Ringwood, Hampshire. The applicant will have a relevant professional qualification i.e. Level 3 in Health and Social Care or above, and be able to offer a variety of knowledge including extensive experience of Autism and Asperger’s.
The qualities/skills required include:
- The successful candidate will co-ordinate and maintain the smooth running of the house assigned to their post and will work as part of a team reporting to the Registered Manager.
- They will be responsible as part of the team they lead, for maintaining and developing the support and care offered to Companions (individuals with learning disabilities who reside in the Community)
- Their role will be to structure and manage the duties within the house environment for Companions (residents) Co-workers (Volunteers) and Employees. Line managing the support staff and Co-workers to include supervision and training.
- Maintain the property of a large residential house, working within agreed budgets and co-ordinating the running of the House together with the Registered Manager.
- Carry out activities to encourage the development of the Companion, recording, reviewing progress and liaising with the Companion’s circle of support, so that the Companions can fulfil their potential for independence.
- Produce and implement support and care plans by providing one to one support (or shared support) and care for individuals offering a range of services which help promote independence, self-confidence and a positive self-image
- To be open and flexible to support the ethos and values of an intentional community life.
Level 3 or above in Health & social Care or similar qualification
Experience of Autism and Asperger’s
Excellent standard of Literacy & Numeracy
Basic Computer Skills
NEST Pension Scheme
Additional holiday after 5 years’ service
Excellent training opportunities
- Team Building