Are you currently working within the care industry with leadership experience, including planning and budgeting? Are you a person who likes to make a difference to their local communities with a caring and calm nature? Are you a strong leader with amazing people skills?
Our client are recruiting for a Care Team Leader to lead their team of Support Workers at their home in Maidstone, ME17. Their team supports service users with a range of Learning Disabilities and Mental Heath Issues, with the aim of supporting independent living. This is a full time role, offering a 37.5 hour contract, working a combination of day and night shifts.
The Care Team Leader Role
As a Care Team Leader you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be a front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Care Team Leader is required to respect and work co-operatively with others, enabling the people our client support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- To Implement and monitor systems for communication among the staff team, i.e. diaries and communication books, emails etc. and in line with data protection and confidentiality policies
- Provide quality monitoring reports when required to the Registered Manager
- Ensure the support provided, reflects the wishes of the individuals we support and guide other colleagues to adhere to these principles
- Ensure all the person’s specific support plans, protocols and risk assessments are communicated, adhered to and reviewed at the correct times
- Ensure and monitor the safe ordering, dispensing, recording and storing of medications
- Lead and ensure support staff to encourage a person to be as independent as possible within and outside their home environment
- Devise and monitor an individual’s health action plan and encourage them in maintaining their wellbeing
- Where appropriate support and advise people with finances and budgeting and where a recording system is in place monitor this
- Ensure that all staff work in line with the core principles around the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Be a point of contact to family, friends and professionals in relation to an individual
- Actively contribute to staff member development and highlight training needs to your Registered Manager
- To produce and monitor team rota’s
- Accompany supported people on holidays
- Ensure and monitor that support staff follow policies, procedures and guidance from the Employee handbook
- Fully comply with the requirements set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2014, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, GSCC, Health and Social Care Regulations 2010, Safeguarding Policies and CQC standards
- Attend all statutory training to meet Skills for Care Specifications
- Understand and adhere to the policies as set out in the Mental Health Act 2013
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your dedication as a Care Team Leader, you will receive a competitive rate of £9.50 per hour. Also on offer:
- Our client understand the importance of a work/life balance
- Career development programmes for people looking for careers
- Daily lifestyle benefits e.g. money off vouchers / cinema tickets
- Personal pension contributions
- You will be working for an award-winning provider of care and much much more!
About Our Client
Our client aims to be the best care provider in South East England. Our client aim to not only offer their service users the highest level of care, they aim to offer an industry leading rehabilitation service that supports independent living.
If you have the compassion and experience to excel as a Care Team Leader, our client want to hear from you! Click apply to register your interest.
Successful applicants will also need to complete and have a satisfactory DBS report before commencing the role.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Team leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job