The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is currently looking for an experienced Care Team Leader to manage a team of Care Assistants who deliver care and support to residents at our Retirement Villages. This role would ideally suit an experienced Care Supervisor, Care Co-ordinator, Care Manager, Care Team Leader, or ExtraCare Housing Manager looking for a new challenge with a business that makes a difference to people’s lives.
Location: St Oswald's Retirement Village, Gavel Way, Gloucester, GL1 2UF
Salary: £18,770 to £19,021 per annum
Hours: 30 hours per week (plus 2 x sleep in duties per week)
As our Care Team Leader your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring that individual care and support plans are developed, implemented and maintained to a high standard, enabling the plans to be used by all staff as a working document.
- Developing professional relationships with residents and their relatives and provide them with an effective communication network.
- Ensuring that residents are encouraged to reach their optimum level of independence using skills available to them.
- Ensuring all administrative systems are implemented effectively, including budgetary control, contracts, documentation for staff and other agencies, rotas for staff, data collection, information sharing in line with ExtraCare policy and procedures.
- You will be a Care Team Leader who promotes continuous improvement by which the residents, staff, users of the village, their relatives, carers and volunteers can contribute to the decision making process.
- Utilise procedures for the recruitment, induction and monitoring of new appointments using the established guidelines with ExtraCare.
- Manage a team of Resident Support Workers and ensure correct procedures are followed for the delivery of personal care including administration of medication and its associated requirements.
To be successful in the role of Care Team Leader, you will need:
- NVQ / QCF Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care (or working towards this qualification)
- Experience in managing a team within a similar environment
- An exceptional communicator as it will be essential to build and maintain rapports with the residents and the team
If successful you will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus benefits.
ExtraCare is a registered charity established in 1988 and based in Coventry. Our vision is better lives for older people and our mission is creating sustainable communities that provide homes older people want, lifestyles they can enjoy and care if it’s needed. To deliver our vision and mission we essentially do three things:
· We develop new villages
· We operate villages and schemes
· We support our villages, schemes and our ‘extra-care’ model through fundraising, advocacy and research
Each village or scheme has 5 to 18 social, health and leisure facilities that are accessible to our residents, volunteers and local people representing all age groups living in surrounding communities. Our Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living at our each of our locations.
All posts are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you are interested in becoming a next Care Team Leader and have the passion to make a difference then please apply today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job