Care Support Worker
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire
Salary: £8.21 per hour minimum Avocet rate
Contract: 35, 28 and 21 hour per week contracts available, Permanent
We are seeking to recruit full and part-time Care Support Workers searching for an opportunity to have a rewarding career in a care setting and positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people, with a broad range of needs and personal requirements.
The successful applicant will be able to work a variation of early, late and night shifts on a rotational basis!
We are a local charitable organisation, established since 1991, providing professional, high quality care for Residential, Short Stay and Day Care to vulnerable adults in over 40 properties across Hull and the East Riding.
Previous Skills and Experience:
We are searching for experienced health and social care professionals.
All successful candidates will undergo a two week training program to ensure they are confident and capable of carrying out their responsibilities.
All new employees will be automatically enrolled on a course to complete the Care Certificate and, as part of our ongoing development of employees, further opportunities to undertake a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Health and Social Care will become available.
Your responsibilities as a Care Support Worker:
Care and Support:
- Work as a member of a Team in the delivery of care and support to vulnerable people in a skilled and professional manner
- Undertake the role of Key Worker to clients, as required by the Service Manager, coordinating and updating clients care plans.
- Maintain effective communications and liaison as appropriate with families, friends and the relatives of clients.
- Administer or supervise the administration of medication
- Participate in all household tasks as required.
- Ensure that all clients are empowered to undertake their own personal choices in matters relating to their support and personal development.
- Ensure that all day to day activities and planned client holidays are achieved.
- Ensure that clients receive options of good quality nutritional meals of their choice each day.
- Participate in staff meetings and seek support and advice from senior staff as appropriate.
- Report any complaints (by staff, person supported and/or their family, or staff from other agencies) to the senior person on duty.
- Maintain an awareness of Health and Safety legislation and ensure that personal safety of clients, visitors and work colleagues is assured.
- Report and record all accidents and untoward incidents as per Avocets policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safekeeping of client`s property and finances.
- Ensure all administrative and financial procedures of Avocet Trust are adhered to.
- Ensure the effective utilisation of resources and equipment within the service.
- Immediately report any financial discrepancies to the Service Manager regarding the management of client`s monies and petty cash.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
- Health Care
- Social Work
- Support Worker
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'