CARE & SUPPORT WORKERS
Opportunities to join a large, highly regarded local employer with a growing workforce
Our team of over 600 staff provide high quality specialist residential care and support to people of all ages with complex neurological conditions, epilepsy and associated learning and other disabilities. supporting over 100 residents to live independent lives working closely with our residents and their families, building relationships with them, supporting them with their daily living, enabling their leisure activities and carrying out household tasks, along with the provision of personal care.
This is a great opportunity to join our team of committed colleagues, and make a real difference. We welcome applications from experienced care staff as well as from individuals who would like to follow a rewarding career in care and are looking for their first care role.
Job Main Purposes
As part of a team, you will be supporting and assisting residents in:
- Personal Care
- Daily Living
- Emotional, spiritual and cultural needs
- Health, Safety and Risk Management
- Management of finances
- Working to an individual resident’s person centred care plan
Are you right for us? We look for:-
Essential personal qualities include compassion, empathy and respect in your approach when caring for others.
- Enthusiasm and a passion to make a difference to individual’s lives.
- Resilience - our residents have complex medical conditions and for some, due to their nature of their disability, their behaviour may be challenging at times.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in care is not essential - we offer support and excellent training to those new to working in care.
- A level 2 or equivalent qualification in Health & Social Care is desirable, but on-site qualification assessors will support you to achieve this qualification if you do not already have it, and there are opportunities to undertake further study.
What can we offer you?
- An annual salary of around £18k pa (£8.21 - £8.95 per hour) according to qualifications and experience, plus weekend pay enhancements
- Voluntary overtime available, at enhanced rates of pay for hours worked over 37.5 per week
- Shifts of 7.5 hour comprising of a mixture of early and late shifts during the day (no night work), with two weekends worked in every four. Part-time roles are also available.
- Excellent accredited training programmes which are fully funded and are taught and assessed on site. If you do not have a care qualification when you join us, we will support you to complete a Level 2 Care qualification and your Care Standards Certificate.
- Generous 31 days holiday (Inc BH) rising to 36 days after 5 years service
- Subsided cafeteria and free parking on site
- Sick pay - subject to eligibility
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers & high street discount vouchers
- Transport from Harlow, Sawbridgeworth and Bishops Stortford (subsidised by the Centre)
- Great value on site accommodation available for staff whose home is 50 miles + from the Centre
- Enhanced DBS check (paid by St. Elizabeth’s)
To find out more about us, and our current opportunities to join our team, please take a look at our website.
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Care Plans
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Friendly Personality
- People Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job