Job title: Care Supervisor
Location: Ascot (SL5)
Salary: Up tp £11.50 p/h (DOE)
Benefits include: Excellent training and development opportunities, uniform, free parking and bonus incentives
Permanent, Full time
Our client, a well-established, purpose built Nursing home located in Ascot offering exceptional accommodation and an industry leading dementia suite, is currently looking for a passionate Care Supervisor to join their highly skilled Care team, providing the highest standards of person centred care for each resident.
The Care Supervisor will manage a small team of Care Assistants and Senior Care Assistants within the Care Services Team; providing support, guidance and ensuring all policies and procedures are followed to the highest standards. They will be responsible for promoting and delivering person-centred care within the organisation’s philosophy, being mindful of each resident’s age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and spiritual needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care to residents supporting and promoting their independence choice, dignity and overall wellbeing
- Prepare and review personal care plans
- Closely monitor and report on residents’ daily progress, ensuring all observations and interventions are recorded and verbally escalated to the Care Manager within an appropriate timescale
- Undertake Quality Care Spot Checks randomly completing a spot check form on the quality of care provided by Carers and Senior Carers within their team
- Guide and develop team members; carry out regular supervisions/one to ones and yearly reviews and support individual performance management plans for identified staff
- Deal with any concerns or complaints raised by residents or relatives in a polite, prompt and appropriate manner as soon as they occur
- Work with the Care Manager in completing clinical and environmental audits according to the agreed annual compliance programme and the subsequent action plans
- Attend Staff Meetings as required making meaningful contributions to agenda items and discussions.
The successfully appointed Care Supervisor will be a kind and compassionate individual, with the ability to build caring and therapeutic relationships, along with a positive and resilient approach to work.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a Care role
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Demonstrable ability in organising, leading, inspiring and influencing a team
- Recognised Medication administration qualification and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Basic IT literacy
How to apply
To apply for the position of Care Supervisor please click on 'Apply’ and upload your full CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'