An exciting and challenging opportunity has risen for an experienced Team Leader/Deputy Manager to join The Beeches unit at Croham Place Care Home in South Croydon.
The Beeches is a unit with Croham Place providing the highest possible standards of care for up to twelve vulnerable male adults who have neuro-psychiatric diagnosis and whose behaviours may at times challenge the service.
As the Team Leader, you will be required to work 2 shifts (11.25 hours per shift excluding 1 hour unpaid break) on the floor each week, and then have 2 flexible days each week of 7.5 hours per shift (excluding half-an-hour unpaid break) for administrative duties / meetings. You will also be required to work on weekends as agreed with the Management Team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Organise and coordinate the rota so as to ensure that the required number of Support Workers cover The Beeches, this being in line with the company’s agreed staffing levels;
- Ensuring that Support Workers are fully conversant with the expectations of their roles through the provision of clear instructions and regular team meetings and supervision sessions;
- Ensuring that team members understand and endorse the aims and objectives of The Beeches through guidance, instruction and leading by example;
- Leading shifts, ensuring that staff work in line with each service users support plans / risk assessments and provide the highest possible standard of support;
- Taking appropriate action, in line with organisation policies and procedures, to remedy unsatisfactory staff performance;
- Identifying training needs of direct reports and participate in the planning and implementation of in-house training;
- Ensuring that staff are aware of organisation policies and procedures in particular the Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy;
- Monitoring and evaluating the needs of service users in partnership with their keyworkers, family members and other external health professionals;
- Coordinating the keyworker system, ensuring that each service user is allocated a keyworker and associate key worker and monitor outcomes derived from key worker sessions;
Administrative and Clinical Duties
- In line with the company’s Corporate Governance Programme, support the Registered Manager to ensure that the required audits are undertaken within the indicated timescales;
- Proactively monitoring, auditing and ensuring that each service users files / key documents are maintained in an up to date manner and reflect current risks and care needs;
Conduct and document care and risk assessments and develop support plans related to the assessed needs and choices of individual residents;
Be knowledgeable about Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policies and Procedures;
Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) DoLs in relation to consent and best interest decision making;
Conduct DoLs renewals as directed by the Registered Manager;
Ensure that areas of identified risk are appropriately monitored and outcomes recorded and acted upon e.g. fluid and nutrition charts, turning regimes, blood glucose monitoring;
- Providing a high level of care to service users whilst promoting safety, dignity and independence;To maintain standards of infection control within The Beeches and to assist service users to maintain their own infection control needs;
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe, clean and fully functional state. Report any equipment failures or damage to the Registered Manager;
Ensure accident/incident reports are written clearly and concisely and that any remedial action or learning is incorporated into care delivery;
- Managing service users money and The Beeches petty cash in line with relevant policy and procedures;
- Via monthly service user meetings and daily communication / feedback, ensure that service users are provided with a range of engaging and meaningful activities, both in house and in the community;
- Undertake an active role in supporting the Management Team and Nursing Team in the management and administration of medication in line with the company’s policies and procedures;
- Where required, take a lead in supporting service users to attend key appointments in the community;
- Any other duties within the scope of the role as directed by the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager;
Ensure that Service Users are encouraged and supported to remain as independent and active as possible;
Ensure the safety and comfort of all service users, whilst encouraging a happy, homely atmosphere.
Be responsible for the care and protection of service users’ property.
- Developing positive relationships with family members, carers and health professionals;
- Developing positive relationships with the Compliance Officer and Corporate Clinical Governance Team to ensure CQC compliance;
- Working with the Physiotherapy Team so as to ensure that appropriate moving and handling tasks and appropriately undertaken by staff and where required directed exercise programmes and undertaken;
- Working in collaboration with the local Nursing Team to ensure that a close and positive working relationship is maintained.
Some Benefits We Offer:
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Great Team and Environment to work in
- Free on-site parking
- Refer a friend bonuss scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Company Pension Scheme
Benefits We Offer:
- 5.6 weeks holiday including bank holidays
- A Great Team and Environment to work in.
- Company pension scheme- Up to 5% Employers contributions
- Child Care Vouchers
- Exclusive retails discounts at Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Starbucks, Cafe Nero, Zizzi etc
- Discounted gym memberships
- Discounted cinema tickets available any day of the week (e.g. discounts at Vue, Odeon etc)
- Discounted phone insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Free and confidential counselling
- Refer-a-friend Scheme with financial incentives.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Administrative Duties
- Risk Assessments
- Care Planning
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job