Joining the Care and Support Brokerage team within Commissioning, you'll be working in a busy and varied role sourcing high quality, best value services for adults of all ages, children and young people. The services will be wide ranging to include domiciliary care, care homes, independent living support needs, foster care and residential placements for children and young people.
It's an exciting time to join this expanding team. You'll enjoy building up positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues and key suppliers. You'll be a keen problem solver and be willing and able to tap into knowledge and skills of the wider team around you.
You'll be a confident, friendly, accessible and informative point of contact for colleagues, customers and suppliers, with a commitment to delivering excellence in customer care. Strong organisational and IT skills are essential as well as the ability to work to strict deadlines.
You will enjoy a fast-paced environment with scope for specialising in an area of interest as well as directly influencing the development of the wider service as we move towards a new way of working delivering the Placement Strategy.
Main Purpose(s) of the job:
Enable the directorate to deliver integrated, customer focused services which improve outcomes for vulnerable people by:
- Contributing to the delivery of a high quality customer focused service
- Helping to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective placement service to internal and external partners, providers and service users
- Delivering a care sourcing and placement function that is able to source cost-effective quality placements when required
- Ensuring a high level of data quality is consistently maintained.
Education, Training and Work Qualifications:
- Educated to minimum of 'GCSE' level standard or equivalent
- Qualified social care, education or health professional, or equivalent (e.g. voluntary sector/housing)
- Purchasing & Contracts related and/or Care Commissioning and/or Financial and/or HR qualification by examination or working towards this.
- Basic understanding of commissioning and contracting in the social and health economies
- Basic understanding of the legislative frameworks for safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
- Knowledge of local government and public sector practices in relation to Care quality, and contract monitoring.
- Ability to assess and interpret customer and supplier information to determine performance achievement.
- Understands how to design and implement a system for contract monitoring
- Understanding of Care Quality Standards
- Broad understanding of health and social care issues and The Care Act
- Understanding of Contract Procedure Rules
- Outline knowledge of tools used to commission services effectively
- Experience of contract management and/or financial management and/or purchasing or HR procedures in the public or private sector
- Experience of working jointly with partners both providers and commissioners.
- Experience of working in a complex and adaptive environment
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people, either in a professional or personal capacity.
- More than one year of experience of commissioning services in the public sector
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of contract management
- Application of CPR's and other relevant legislative frameworks
- Experience of working directly with users and carers relevant to the portfolio
- Risk management and safeguarding legislation and guidance relating to social care governance and contract compliance
- Experience of participation in a tendering process through to award of contract
- Experience of improving poor performance or systems
- An enthusiast for change and continuous improvement.
- Understanding of ICT
- Commitment to achieve efficiency's
- Good communication and negotiating skills with ability to influence people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates a respectful and valuing attitude to people who are vulnerable and a commitment to improving their life experience.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Capable of presenting complex ideas to mixed audiences
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job