Herts Good Care is a non-profit company, supporting adult social care providers across Hertfordshire to fill their permanent positions. We are currently supporting Sunnyside Rural Trust to find a Care Project Worker to join the team. We need people like you to care and support vulnerable people in your community.
Job Title:Project Worker
Company Name:Sunnyside Rural Trust
Location:Hemel Hempstead, Northchurch
Type of Care Provider:Day Service
Supporting individuals with:Learning Disability , Mental Health , Epilepsy
Pay/Salary:£9.52 Per Hour
Hours of Work:Full time (37.5 hours) or part time. 8am-4pm Monday to Friday and some weekend working for events
Contract Type:Full Time Contract, Part Time Contract, 0 Hours Contract
About the Company
Sunnyside Rural Trust was founded in 1990 as a small, horticultural project for young people and adults with learning disabilities. It is now a thriving charity and social enterprise, offering training and work experience for over 130 vulnerable people in the local community.
Nestled at the bottom of Northchurch allotment on New Road, Northchurch, is the third and original Sunnyside site. On approach, you’ll see polytunnels, keder greenhouses and an orchard housing 350 chickens. A wide range of fruit, vegetables, herbs and plants are grown to organic principles here, which are then sold at the farm shop run by Sunnyside trainees.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the work they do and shares the values of our organisation. The role will involve ad hoc weekend working for events.
Why should I apply for this Project Worker job?
We are looking for new project workers/gardeners to join us. You will be offering support to groups of young people and/or adults with learning disabilities to develop their work skills. We are looking for people who are passionate about improving the lives of people with Learning Disabilities and creating opportunities for them to develop.
- We offer a range of attractive staff benefits and great development opportunities. We will consider full and part-time hours and have 0-hour contracts available.
- £18565 salary for full time role, equivalent to £9.52 per hour
- Internal promotion and career progression
- Farm shop discounts
- Paid DBS
- Full uniform and work boots
- Care Professional Standards Academy rewards and discounts
- There is no personal care involved in this position
What does this Project Worker job involve?
- To organise and participate in indoor and outdoor activities around social enterprise, horticulture, conservation and animal care.
- To carry out all duties as instructed in a satisfactory manner and in accordance with SRT’s philosophies, values, principles, aims and objectives.
- To work within legal requirements; relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To take joint responsibility for organising trainee activities, which support the maintenance, upkeep and development of the Sunnyside sites.
- To support the team and the Manager in providing a high-quality day and employment placement to people with learning disabilities.
- When necessary leading a range of indoor activities such as cookery, crafts, woodwork, shop work etc as agreed with trainee reviews and support plans.
- To supervise trainees in aspects of animal care. Currently chickens, pigs, sheep and goats.
- To provide verbal support only to trainees with personal hygiene. It is expected this will be dealt with in a manner that will maintain the dignity of the trainee at all times. (This does not include any intimate personal care only verbal advice and instruction when necessary)
Am I the right person for this Project Worker job?
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and /or working in a care setting
- To hold or be willing to work towards mandatory social care qualifications, and those as required by the Trust relevant to this post.
- Full manual licence valid for driving in the UK to drive the SRT minibuses and work vehicles. To be part of the driving rota, to ensure the safe transportation of the trainees to and from the sites.
- Experience and/or competence in horticulture
- Basic IT skills in Word and email
- Ability to communicate clearly with service users, colleagues, families and other professionals.
- Ability to manage yourself and others in stressful situations.
If you are interested in this position please apply today and we will call you within the next few days. If this is not the right job for you, you can search and apply easily for other positions via www.hertsgoodcare.com.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'