The aim of the care home is to encourage and allow their clients to be as independent as their disabilities allow, making their lives as fulfilling as possible. As a Care Officer your main responsibility will be looking after the care home’s clients. This will include the following duties:
- Supporting clients in cleaning their rooms and doing their laundry
- Assisting with weekly shopping
- Taking clients on outings
- Assisting with ‘life-skills’ lessons for clients, helping teach them to complete simple tasks like ironing, cleaning, cooking and bed-making
- Administering prescribed drugs to clients after receiving the relevant training
- Occasionally stay at the home for the night
No previous experience of working as a Care Officer is required as full training will be given. However, to be considered for the role of Care Officer, you must have excellent communication skills at all levels. In addition, the following qualifications and qualities are desirable:
- Enhanced DBS disclosure is required
- Able to work well and remain calm under pressure
- Being a compassionate and empathetic person
- Able to treat people with dignity and respect
- Have excellent patience
In addition to a salary of £16,286 per annum, the successful Care Officer will receive full training leading to an NVQ qualification.
If you are interested in applying for the role of Care Officer in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, please submit your CV with an accompanying covering letter detailing how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate for the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job