Our client is seeking a dynamic and dedicated care manager with a passion for delivering high quality care. They are looking to recruit an inspirational leader who will bring energy, vision and strong management experience to this vital role. Supported by the Directors for strategic guidance, the Care Manager will be in charge of office and care staff in all day-to-day affairs, and will help develop the longer-term ambitions of this thriving business.
The care manager is required to:
- Lead the organisations office and care staff in providing an exceptional quality of service to its clients
- Implement the formal business objectives developed in liaison with the Directors
- Play a key role in contributing to the organisations operational and strategic plans
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Provide leadership and direction to staff, in order that they deliver a quality care service that both supports clients and ensures carers are well managed and controlled.
- Maintain and improve the organisations internal operations so that processes and systems are clear, positive and efficiently carried out.
- Ensure that staff rota is fully maintained to ensure continuous service delivery.
- Oversee and participate in the provision of ‘on call’ services to staff and clients.
- Regularly review and develop policies and procedures to reflect changes and to keep abreast of current legislation.
- Quality control
- Administration and ensure efficient recording and reporting arrangements are in place to enable the effective management of all aspects of the business.
- Line manager responsibilities
- Represent the organisations in the public arena
- Reporting to the Registered Manager and taking responsibility for the regulatory tasks this entails, including such matters as the protection of vulnerable adults, risk assessments and the reporting of incidents.
Skills and experience required:
- Able to work effectively under pressure while managing a wide-ranging workload
- Able to organise, enthuse and lead staff effectively
- A great communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Able to develop new business and manage budgets
- Someone with good general IT skills
- Management experience, preferably at senior level
- Successful experience of assessing and developing staff
- Experience of working with care planning and rotas
- Experience of managing budgets and financial information
- A full and valid driving licence and access to a vehicle is desirable
- A recognised management qualification (i.e. NVQ4 and/or a relevant social work/nursing qualification)*
- Be aware and have relevant knowledge of the national policy agenda relating to community care and the regulation of care services
- Candidates who have not yet achieved these qualifications may still be considered, depending on their experience.
Hours of work - full time, 07.30am start. This is a permanent opportunity with an immediate start for the right candidate. Salary £24,000 - 27,000 per annum depending on experience.
Apply online today in order to be considered, or please call a member of our team on for further details about this opportunity. For further details or for other vacancies similar to this, please visit our website or why not join us on Facebook for the latest updates: blackandblackrecruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job