Registered Managers - Residential Children's Home
Want to make a difference?
This may be the opportunity you’re waiting for.
Bright Start Recruitment are seeking an ambitious individual with excellent leadership skills to join our clients professional team in the Bedford Region. The successful applicant will be working to promote and provide the highest standard of care within their children’s homes. You will need excellent communication skills to engage effectively with young people and empathy in understanding their needs.
Our client is an established provider of specialist clinically informed care and education in a therapeutic environment for young people with complex needs.
- To provide professional support, guidance and supervision to a team of residential childcare practitioners.
- Ensure that the vision, values, policies and ethos are promoted and adhered to.
- To identify, report and manage current and emergent risks within the Home, including those that may impinge upon safeguarding and statutory compliance or inspection rating.
- Devise and direct improvements to mitigate risks.
- Ensure effective working relationships with all relevant Local Authority staff and social workers, and with all other relevant statutory agencies, e.g. police, child protection and CAMHS.
- Ensure that all requirements for data capture and the use of management information systems are met.
- To ensure the home provides and maintains the highest levels of therapeutic care and service in accordance with the legislative framework, company procedures, ethos and policy.
- To ensure the safety of all children and staff, and that safeguarding practice, procedures and recording meet all regulatory requirements and professional expectations.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the relevant plan for each child or young person, to monitor progress against the relevant plan and ensure it is reviewed as necessary.
- To manage effectively and efficiently all allocated resources of the home, both human and financial.
- Ensure effective maintenance of all documented procedures for tasks that deliver statutory compliance.
- Ensure continual quality improvement to achieve and maintain an Ofsted rating of Good or Outstanding.
- Ability to work independently, lead a staff team and managers and work cohesively within the management group
- Demonstrate commitment to the staff in the home and other home managers in their locality, young people, the service and each other in order to achieve high quality outcomes
- Work in such a way which 'models’ expectations and behaviour to both staff and young people
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Be able to understand how working in a challenging environment affects them and the other managers in their locality
- Self confidence in being able to ask for help and support when needed
- Ability to be an active manager who is able to recognise the future needs of their home, the staff and the young people
- Excellent time management skills
- Values and beliefs that reflect the organisational culture
- Commitment to on-going personal development and to be part of a learning organisation
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Essential Qualifications/Minimum Requirements
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and young people
- Worked for a least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
- Hold on appointment or complete within 1 year from the date of appointment Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or a qualification which equivalent to the Level 5 Diploma
- Full manual driving licence
- Residential Homes
- Young People
- Residential Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job