We’re proud to be supporting a leading care provider in their search for a Care Homes Trainer to join their team.
A key member of the team, you will work closely with Home Managers, our Operations Management team and the Group HR team to ensure we identify training needs, delivering accordingly to ensure we provide the very best person-centred care to our residents.
Key Attributes & Skills
- Ability to engage and enthuse others in a blended approach to training
- A genuine passion for supporting the very best care for residents
- Ability to identify training needs based on your own clinical observations and internal/third party inspections
- Possession of (or prepared to work towards immediately) an accredited Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET)
- A registered nurse; or significant experience of assessing and supporting in a nursing setting
- A thorough understanding of governance systems and medical protocols in a care setting
- Ability to work under pressure, problem solve and prioritise tasks
- Flexibility around travel across the North East and Scotland
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with our Home Managers, Operations Management Team and HR Team to ensure that all training needs are identified and planned for
- Keep abreast of training needs that are implied or specifically identified via third party audits and inspections, liaising with those parties accordingly
- Monitor trends from appraisals and supervisions, ensuring training needs ae identified and planned for
- Assess nurses and care staff in our nursing and residential homes, identifying areas where you can train and support to drive improvements and ensure we deliver the very best standards of care
- Document your observations and training plans that are recommended/ implemented accordingly
- Periodically revisit homes post training delivery, to assess application and coach/re-train accordingly
- Monitor and evaluate the completion of training for the Care Certificate, ensuring that we provide additional training and guidance as required
- Maintain relationships with local providers and specialist teams, ensuring we leverage every opportunity to access training and ensure a blended approach
- Work with the Training Manager and HR Director to drive training compliance in accordance with our Inductions and Training Calendar
- Work with the Training Manager and HR Director to ensure that all apprenticeship programmes are engaging, fit for purpose and learners are supported
- Work with the Training Manager and HR Director to ensure engaging and timely communication regarding training activity
- Work with the Training Manager and HR Director to assess costs and ensure 'value add’ for all training
- Work with the Training Manager and HR Director to ensure that all training (online and 'face to face’) is recorded, with monthly reporting taking place at home/ Group level
- Source and/or create training materials that are innovative and effective
- Deliver training to nursing and care staff in subjects including, but not limited to, Dementia Awareness, Dignity in Care, Fluids & Nutrition, Infection Control, Recording & Reporting, Wound & Pressure Care and Care Planning
- Develop and promote good communication with residents, relatives and staff
- Promote a professional image at all times and to be accountable for own practice
- Ensure that your observations and all training delivery are consistent with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Care Standards Act 2000
- Ensure that your observations and all training delivery are consistent with person centred care and our systems for care planning and care/ clinical governance
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of residents and colleagues and that equal opportunities are practised
- Be aware of and adhere to all of the relevant Policies and Guidelines e.g. sickness reporting, absence management and the uniform policy
Salary will be negotiable depending on skillset and experience.
If you think you fit the bill, please get in touch - we’d love to tell you more!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'