Care Home Unit Manager - Orchard Lodge - Warnham, Horsham
Care Home Unit Manager
Where you'll work
Orchard Lodge/ Bolding Lodge - Cares for adults with learning and physical disabilities
- To facilitate and manage the care of service users within the home, working with service users, staff and other team members to ensure this meets a high measurable standard.
- To support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the home management within the agreed budget allocations.
- To assist in the development of care and business management to enable the home to meet the requirements of registration.
- To assist the Registered Manager in leading a multi disciplinary team and enable/ensure that individual programmes of care are developed, executed and evaluated for each service user and reviewed monthly.
- Assist Registered Manager in staffing of the home at all times ensuring that the needs of the service users and local registration requirements are met.
- To maintain a multi disciplinary approach to care and ensure the environment acknowledges and respects service users' rights to choice, freedom, dignity and individual life style within the home.
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to the required levels.
- To assist in recruiting and selecting staff working in the home.
- To allocate roles and tasks of staff within the home to maintain an effective operation.
- Undertake training of staff including induction of new staff.
- Encourage other team members to bring ideas to fruition that will enhance the service users' individual care.
- Ensure current working practice is up to date, eg palliative care and maintain an interest in current research.
- Assist Registered Manager in carrying out staff appraisal/supervision and recognise the training requirements of all staff.
- Manage and monitor all annual leave.
- Effectively monitor and manage all sickness and absence.
- Ensure that care plans are followed and reviewed monthly.
- Be fully conversant with regulations regarding storage, administration and control of drugs used within the home.
- Ensure that all regulations relating to fire safety are executed.
- Maintain records as required by the local registration authority under the National Care Standards Act 2000, EHO, Fire Officer and Health & Safety Executive.
- Ensure that satisfactory arrangements are in place for the disposal of clinical waste.
- Ensure staffing rotas are completed and effectively managed.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and carry out the responsibilities as assigned to the Unit Manager.
- To be aware of the current COSHH regulations and ensure they are fulfilled.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally you will be RN qualified.
- Management experience and a full understanding of the National Care Standards Act 2000.
- A commitment to a holistic approach to care is essential.
- To be in possession of or working towards a relevant management qualification.
- Good underrstanding of CQC requirements.
This job description should not be regarded as restrictive or definite but as a guide to the demands of the post and as such will be reviewed in the light of experience.
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"