Better Healthcare services is looking for a Care Coordinator to join our Domiciliary Care Team in Colchester.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Health and Social care. Previous coordinating experience is desirable but not essential. The candidate will need to have strong IT and logistical skills and good geographical knowledge. This is an exceptionally responsible role, delivering a high standard of accuracy in Rota management, Quality monitoring and also the opportunity to remain ’Hands on’ in the delivery of care, by making announced and unannounced visits to check customers are satisfied with the continuity of care they receive.
The person who is successful, will be a car driver, have a professional and courteous manner, have an eye for detail and be driven to help the team maintain a high standard of service whilst expanding the service offered.
An understanding of the Clacton/Harwich area will be an advantage but not essential.
Salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications from £19,000 - £24,000
If you are interested in hearingmore please apply to
CARE COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: Care Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Registered Branch Manager
SUMMARY OF POST:
To maintain continuity of care and support to Service Users and to ensure efficiency and reliability of all visits to Service Users.
- Allocating care workers with the right skills and experience to deliver the best quality care and support to each customer.
- Organise Care Workers rota’s to minimise changes to the service and travel between customer homes.
- Responding efficiently to day to day changes in the care and support packages.
- Implementation and monitoring of all relevant aspects of the Electronic Call Monitoring System.
- To ensure that all customers are correctly allocated on colleague and call times reflect the care package. To advise Field Care Supervisors of new care care packages and ensure that care plans are completed within agreed timescales.
- Establish strong working relationships with all key stakeholders, including commissioning teams, Safeguarding Teams, social workers, procurement, District Nurses, OT’s and PT’s.
- To bid for new care packages and work closely with the branch recruiter to ensure that new care packages have the required staff cover.
- To achieve targets, KPI’s and objectives set by the Registered Manager.
- To be conversant with the Care Standards Act 2014 and legislation governing the service and other regulations concerning the provision of domiciliary care.
- To be familiar with the Company’s obligation under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other Health and Safety Regulations detailed in the company’s Health & Safety Policies.
- Experience of supervisory management in the care provision sector.
- Experience of customer care/handling complaints/problem solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage difficult situations calmly and effectively.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Standards of Care,
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, person centred approaches to care.
Knowledge of IT systems – Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Minimum 6 months experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'