Care Assistant - £8.75 per hour
Full-time & Part-time hours available
Benefits plus paid breaks, free uniform & DBS
Abbotswood Court is a stunning residential, rehab and dementia care home located in Romsey. We are looking for additional team members to join our existing Care team. You will be fully supported in careeer progression and provided with training and mentorship.
Purpose of Job
To provide individual care as required by each resident in order to meet their personal needs whilst ensuring that each person's dignity and individuality is upheld and their independence, choice and control is promoted at all times. To create a happy and caring atmosphere; which involves providing a wide range of general caring services and duties within the limits of personal experience and knowledge. To help in the care of the resident's physical environment and the general day to day activities within the home.
Care: You will work with all types of residents receiving direct care. Your duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the residents but can include:
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting / assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living, according to their individual needs.
- Promote the rights, dignity, privacy, respect, & choice to every resident when providing care.
- Support & encourage residents to maintain their independence with daily living.
- Observing care planning needs for residents and completing daily records as instructed and in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Assisting in framework of social activities by interacting with residents and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
- Answering Call bell system and giving assistance as required ensuring residents retain their comfort & dignity.
- Under the supervision and guidance of Senior Care Assistants, reporting on the well-being of residents.
- Making Visitors feel welcome. Providing refreshments / assistance as and when required.
- Making and changing beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty. Ensuring the Home's resources are used appropriately.
- Assisting residents who need help during meal times (and awareness of any swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assisting with serving of food & drinks as requested & required.
- Escorting residents travelling to and from the Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc., when requested.
- Support residents on admission to settle into their new home.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualifications if not willingness to attend
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- support worker
- care assistant
- senior carer
- senior care assistant
- senior night carer
- day carer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job