As a Newcross Care Assistant with our Reading branch, you will take pride in giving the best possible quality of care to clients in a nursing or residential home setting in Slough, Maidenhead and the surrounding areas.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Join the team today and be welcomed with free uniform and DBS when you start.Caring Position
You will enable residents to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, friends, visitors and other residents.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan. In this caring position your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
So if you can offer an ongoing commitment to promote the day-to-day lives of people in your local area, we can offer you flexible working hours suited to your availability, but with all the security of a permanent, guaranteed hours contract.Benefits of Working with Newcross:
- Salary of up to £12.40/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free uniform upon joining
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- It is essential that you are willing to travel to get to some of the client locations.
Your local team is located in the largest town in Berkshire, Reading on the first floor in Enterprise House on 95 London Street.
We are just down the road from the Royal Berkshire Hospital; built in the nineteenth century as a result of injuries sustained building the Great Western Railway, which luckily enough is only a 13-minute walk away.
We are also easily reachable by car and bus.Why Join Newcross?
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Willingness to travel
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
- An NVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care highly preferable but not essential
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- slough care assistant
- reading care assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job