Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support a range of clients in Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith and the surrounding area through our friendly local Edinburgh branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Care Assistant Role:
As a naturally compassionate person, you will play an essential part in delivering great quality, person-centred care to every individual you encounter. This means recognising the capabilities of the person, promoting their dignity at all times and seeing them as more than just a care plan.
You will be offering vital care and personal support such as dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling residents to live fulfilling lives, partaking in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, friends, visitors and other residents.
- Competitive salary, up to £ 11.86 paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when joining
Your local branch is home to the worlds largest performing arts festival - The Edinburgh Festival Fringe which takes place every year. You can find our branch at the Quadrant, New Mart Place.
We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- bonnyrigg care
- dalkeith care
- scottish care
- scottish health care