Newcross Healthcare has several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants to work full or part time hours throughout the Tyne and Wear area in; Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding towns through our local Newcastle branch. Due to the location of our clients, you will need access to a car and a full drivers licence.The Care Assistant Job Role
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota during term time to accommodate a child's school routine or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities.We can offer you
- Salary of up to £11.14/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced Care Assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.Why Newcross?
In our 21 years experience we've developed a rigorous recruitment system to ensure only the best people join the Newcross team; we've innovated our IT systems to ensure a seamless, efficient service to all clients; and we've achieved three international ISO awards for our quality processes, environmental policies and IT security.Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- Moving and handling training - gained or renewed within the last 12 months
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
- part time
- nursing home
- full time
- care assistant
- healthcare assistant
- Care assistant
- senior care assistant
- care agency
- tyne and wear healthcare assistant
- newcastle healthcare